Washington Jeepz

yep, notice for some reason not a lot of response out of Washington on that side? Eastern has a little response, but equally nill..

Hope you have your problem fixed by now. I am not an expert on every model, but if you are having brake and clutch problems at the same time, it is likely that you have a hydraulic clutch and the brakes and clutch share a reservoir which may be low on fluid. That is the only thing that would affect both. Probably have spent a mint on a $3 fix.

NE Washington... north of Deer Park, South of Diamond Lake..

anyone over here like to prospect, dredge, metal detect? etc... maybe fishing? I have an '84 CJ-7

Attachments

• jeep lighter shot.jpg
    jeep lighter shot.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 0

lol... i hope my gear box isn't too jacked up for the upcoming weather. i dont know when the last time it was serviced.

I'm in the Spokane area, just north of Deer Park off HiWay 2.. sold my '93YJ a couple days ago, have an '84CJ7 sitting in Las Vegas that I have to go down to bring back.. then start work on it.. lifted, 33", BIG aluminum radiator, auto, I need to put a new power steering box in it, and do some re-wire behind the dash.. then sand it down for new paint, otherwise, its going to be a nice jeep to go wheeling in, I hope.. runs good at least..

well, got the steering box in with the heavy mounting, that helped...next the good bushings in the shackles rather than those soft rubber ones the backcountry put in there... steering column has to be rebuilt, its trash from the previous owner, dash wiring is obnoxious, I'm doing the nutter bypass this week and see how much I can eliminate under the dash and under the hood, all the new paint is on it, ... bought new leather Escalade bucket seats with a console today, they have heat and cooling plus a multitude of electrical gadgets.. need to get my duraliner shot in and new carpet tho before installing seats.. have to do the htr core and blower upgrade this week too, got cold here.. found the grinding crunching drive me nuts noise from the front and rear.. had lockers.. thought they had to have posi lube, so figuring the previous owner didn't put posi lube in, I bought a mess of it and drained/cleaned and refilled the front and rear diff's.. come to find out, the po had put the same stuff in and LOCKERS require "regular 85/140 fluid.. so.. drained both again overnight and filled with LUCAS 85/140 differential lube, much quieter.. no more grinding and crunching noises.. finally.. getting closer I hope..

Attachments

• jeep lighter shot.jpg
    jeep lighter shot.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Im in the Squim PA area just thought I would try to get this going again. I have a 97 tj with a 4" lift and 33's. anyone in my area want to hook up and do some back road trips/wheelin?

Im in Western WA. Im a gold prospector and I have a 49 Willys 3a. Just about to start tearing it apart. I dont like the previous owners hack job work done on it. Taking out carbed 350 and dropping in TBI 5.7L. Gonna be looking for diffs, trans, transfer case and Im sure lots more as I start digging. Just got engine in wifes RAV4 so now my garage has room for the Jeep.

finally got the '84 up here, changing the water pump now.. looking for an idler pulley to replace the A/C pump on the passenger side of the motor, with serpentine pulley..

Attachments

• jeep 84.jpg
    jeep 84.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,832
  • jeep-1.jpg
    jeep-1.jpg
    584.5 KB · Views: 0
  • jeep-3-1.jpg
    jeep-3-1.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 0

There was a silver and a copper mine near my cabin (now on .gov land)

I'm in the Spokane area, just north of Deer Park off HiWay 2.. sold my '93YJ a couple days ago, have an '84CJ7 sitting in Las Vegas that I have to go down to bring back.. then start work on it.. lifted, 33", BIG aluminum radiator, auto, I need to put a new power steering box in it, and do some re-wire behind the dash.. then sand it down for new paint, otherwise, its going to be a nice jeep to go wheeling in, I hope.. runs good at least..

well, got all that done, and here it is.. back in NE Washington too

Attachments

• jeep 84.jpg
    jeep 84.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,810

New to the Forum, just picked up my first jeep the other day.
1991 YJ
Im in Port Townsend.

jeep small.jpg

jeep 2.jpgjeep 3.jpgjeep 7.jpggot it just about done.. MAGOO of Las Vegas painted/striped it.. grrrrreeeaaat job.. just got new wheels and tires, now 35" will add a shot when I get them on.. Escalade leather seats.. interior by MILD to WILD Upholstery here in Spokane.. also bought a 3800 Buick FI engine, TH700R4 trans.. another winter project..

Back