Transmission tunnel cover for shifters

bryanjeep

I am going to use the truck megashifter for the new engine and I am going to reuse the t case shifter (np231). I am thinking about taking up the old black metal cover and cutting diamond plate to fit the hole. What can I do about covering up the hole where the cable and the t case shifter comes through? Do I need to make some kind of rubber boot for it? Won't I need to notch the floor pan to fit my shifter. I heard that it will be a little more left witht the AA 700r4 adapter.

Diamond plate would look nice. Won't the pedestal mount for the shifter cover up the cable and the hole where it comes through the floor? The Megashifter is a quality piece, you'll be happy with it. It and the Quicksilver are both really nice shifters.

For a Tcase boot you could modify the factory one or buy a universal style if you aren't interested in making your own. I'm sure you could find one in a junkyard that could be made to work.

Wouldnt a stock automatic jeep have a t case boot that would work better than having to cut the manual boot like I have? Anybody have one?

Yeah, the boot from an auto would work. I think an 80+ CJ with a T-176 transmission used a two piece split boot that would probably work too. The other manuals from those years might use the same boot, I just can't remember.

Back