How can I stop breaking Universal Joints?????

sandman

I have a 1991 Jeep YJ, it has a 4" Pro Comp suspention lift, 1 & 1/4 Shackle Lift, and a 3" Body Lift. I have 35/12.50/15 Pro Comp Mud TA mounted on 10" wide wheels.

I have a problem breaking U-Joints, what should I do? Help me....

Justin

TypeR498@aol.com[addsig]

Install a slip yoke eliminator and a longer CV driveshaft.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Or if you're me, you can keep your lead foot off the gas..... Chrysler wasn't too happy with that one
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I think we're all assuming you mean the rear driveshaft U-joints? If this is the case, a SYE kit and CV driveshaft is the best solution. As soon as you go over 3" of suspension lift on a Wrangler, you're flirting with disaster if nothing is done to address the driveline issues. Although, I do know a guy that has a 4" suspension lift and no driveline mods. He does'nt wheel that much though and does experience some "vibes" at certain speeds, but nothing major. If you don't have the $$ and need to get your jeep back on the road, take out the shackle lift and see of that can get you by for now. You can always put it back on later.[addsig]

I think installing a SYE kit is the best option. I have an 88 Wrangler with 35s also, I hade a SYE from rubicon express installed and I have never had any problems with u-joints. I have wheeled the heck out of my jeep for three years now with the SYE and I have had no problems, I do have my 35s on eight inch wheels if that makes a difference.[addsig]

Back