CB radio

Jeeper84

My friend's giving me a CB that he doesn't use. I'm thinking of mounting it inside the center console. Does anyone know how I could mount it there and how to get the attena on the back? Thanks -Mike
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Hey man, I mounted mine in the console too. I put it on the inside on the passenger side, I stuck it to the side with velcro. I drilled a little hole at the bottom of the console on the passenger side so the seat would hide the hole. I then ran the power and ground wires under the carpet back to the fire wall and up into the fuse block. I put the power wire on the radio fuse and the ground wire to the screws that fasten the dash to the jeep. As far as runnning the coax, I ran it under the carpet along side the rear seats and fed it into the hole of the little trunk thing. I wasn't to keen on drilling holes for a antenna mount so I made an L bracket and used the holes that were already there for the 3rd brake light bracket. It fits under the 3rd brake light and right behind the tire. I had to remove the spare to put it on and plug in the coax, but after you get it mounted you can put the tire back on. Make sure you get a 4 foot antenna though, I first bought a 2 footer and couldn't get any reception because my top was blocking it. I ended up buying a 4 foot firestick2, it works great. I hope this helps you out.[addsig]

You don't say which model of jeep you have. If you look at this website you will see basicly how I did mine.

home.flash.net/~ffoster/frames.htm

I hope this helps you

Ed

[addsig]

I placed my CB where the ashtray used to be under the dash. I ran the coax cable over the transmission hup over to the passanger side floor pan out a plug hole and back down the frame with nylon ties to the rear of the jeep pasanger side. I went to the local truck stop ask at the counter for the CB Repair man and bought $3.00 a flat alum mount for the attena with the coax conection all ready on. One bolt with lock washers and locktite in the underside rear curve of the body no drill on my 87 yj. Now I have a K-40 attena just off of the bumperett Pasenger side. I also bought a Cobra external speaker with talk back built in and mounted it to the roll bar in the v with small bungie cord so I can hear the radio in the wind. Looks good talks good and when yo are rolling on the big raod the truckers will keep you aware of the cops. Hope this helps
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Don´t forget to have someone, in the know, to check your SWR (standing wave ratio) and trim your antena if needed. Helps with transmission and can help avoid possible damage to the radio. I like to mount mine where they are hard to see from outside and hide the mike when parked (soft top YJ).[addsig]

Back