installing lock right/quick lock locker in model 20

n8dgr8

I'm having a hell of a time installing this locker. First I couldn't get the gear ring and housing out, I wasn't pulling the axles out far enough and need to use a little prying, that was dumb. Now, I think I have it all assebled (although there seems to be a large gap between the two center pieces where the springs and stems go?), I slid the large shaft between the housing and in between those same two center peices of the locker, but there is nothing keeping this shaft into place. It used to have C-clips on it but now you cannot get them on (I took it completely apart to see if the C-clips would fit anyway possible, and deffinately no chance of fitting. How does the shaft stay in place or whats happening???

If all else fails read the directions. If you don't have the directions, look up Powertraxx on internet.
They are not that hard to install but it has been a while since I have seen the inside of a model 20. The 44's have roll pins that tap in thorugh the carier to hold the pin in place. I think the 20 is similar. I don't remember there being any snap rings or c-clips in there.

Back