Jeep security tip

geopig

Don't know if this has ever been posted or whether I am totally stating the obvious here but I have a great and cheap jeep security tip. My preferred anti-theft procedure for my YJ is to lock the brake and clutch pedals together. This is easily accomplished using a small Kryptonite U-lock. You know the one that most people use to lock their bicycles up. You can (or could) get small versions of these locks (3" wide) that you can easily lock the brake and clutch pedals together with. They run under $15. Thus, in order to steal you jeep someone would have to either cut the Krypto lock off (not very easy) or cut through one of the pedal assemblies (not very easy either). Anyhow, thought I'd share this cheap and easy method of security.

Cheers!

Thats a good idea dude, I hid a kill switch under the dash for my security system... If they try to start it they will think its just a piece of junk!

TJ Front Tow Hooks...?

Good idea.I am not afraid of what they are going to steal out of the jeep.I just dont want to come back to where I left it and it's gone.My jeep would be so easy to steal too.

i saw this security system that locks the brakes. it has a keyed cylinder and it locks the brakes on, so anybody tries to drive off and it won't move. you can mount the lock anywhere.

ok i found the link http://www.brakelock.com/

oh, and if you have converted to discs in the rear and nolonger have a parking brake you can't use this there is a slight bleed back of pressure and wouldn't keep the vehicle parked on a hill (i already asked).

Back