Want to ditch manual for automatic. Where do I start?

FloridaJeeper

I have searched around and found very little. Anyone tried it? What will I need to get to do this? Will I need new computer?....

Thanks

I would start with reconsidering, personal opinion, before pulling the stick out and throwing in an auto. I went the other way from an auto to a stick...It can be done but I wouldn't suggest it. Keep your TJ just the way she is. :D

Ity would be a lot easier and cost efficient if you simply sold or traded your MT Jeep for an AT. I am not familiar with your Jeep, but if it is not too modified, that will be your best bet. There are too many things you will have to alter and it almost is not worth the trouble.-al

K_K_PSI_GUY said:
Ity would be a lot easier and cost efficient if you simply sold or traded your MT Jeep for an AT. I am not familiar with your Jeep, but if it is not too modified, that will be your best bet. There are too many things you will have to alter and it almost is not worth the trouble.-al

Agreed it would be much better to swap than to change. tug

Use the AW4 auto from a Cherokee, it's a 4spd with an overdrive, much better than the 3spd TJ transmission. It has it's own computer, so you'll have to splice it to work with the TJ computer, and it's longer so your front and rear driveshafts will need cut to new lengths.

Back