front brakes

jeepguy46176

do the front disc brake dust covers matter if they are on or off an a 97 wrangler cause i changed my fron bearings and i left them off and now both of my front wheels are locked up thanks for any help

I cant be much help .. i just want to know how much you paid for the bearings .. Did you get the whole assembly? my bearings are past due .. i looked into it and at $150 per wheel I have to wait

i got them from tj recyclers on ebay i paid 98$ for both of them to be shipped they were off a wrangler with 22000 miles on it but he is very slow shipping so if u are in a hurry i wouldnt get them from him

I'd put those dust shields back on, enough junk gets into the brakes the way it is.

I mostly use used bearing assemblies, new ones are too expensive at $125 each.

i had to replace one way back before i realized they were a weakly pressed two piece bearing... and pulled one in half while removing the hub

SCORE

i put the dust shields back on but that wasnt the problem the hub bearings were for a 99 and newer wrangler so if any body needs a set let me know i will take a 100 bucks for them

Back