Motorcraft 2150 Tune guide?

KletusJeeps

Anybody know where I can find a tune manual or guide or how to for a motorcraft 2150? I am getting a really strong gas smell in my Jeep with really horrible, almost choking, low-end performance and only mediocre throttle response at high rpms. It idles ok but the smell really starts to build at an idle and will eventually die, of what I assume is flooding. Any Ideas?

Sincerely,

Kletus ( a little light headed from huffin fumes )

That is very odd. you really shouldn't need a manual to set it. A good way to start it to turn both mixture screw on the front of the carb the whole way in. It should stall at this point. If it doesn't the screw seats are leaking. Turn each out about 1 and a half turn. It should start back up and just adjust the mixture until you read the highest rpm. That means turn them out until you get the highest idle. Then turn the in intill it just starts to slow. They out a hair to the highest. What I mean by that is you will reacha point that if you keep turning them out the idle won't speed up anymore. You will be giving it to much fuel at that point. Other than that just make sure yo are turning both screw at the same amount. Let me know it that helps.

Back