lift advice

jeep90

i am looking to get a 3 or 4 inch lift for the yj. im not really partial but i would like to stay as low as possible and still run 33's no problem. it needs to be bolt on because right now this is my dd. i was looking at hellcreek, they have a 4 inch for 389.99. that is for everything, drop pitman arm and shocks. rusty's also had one for 410.99 that is basically the same kit but with double wrap military springs. any thoughts on these two, or know of any others?

thanks in advance

I'm real happy with my Rusty's 3.5" kit, especially the strength of the leaf springs with the 1 and 1/2 military wraps. Last I saw it was $385.

The ride is great. Doesn't come with a drop pitman arm, but I run without one just fine. My drop pitman arm is still on the bench.

I love my rough country lift. I will admit the shocks are not the best, but they are better than the blown ones that where on my jeep. If you are on a budget it is a great lift. After a year you can save enough cash to upgrade to some better shocks.

22 MPG in my 1981CJ5

Rough country, Hell Creek, and Rusty's all use the same exact hardware. It is made by Hackethorn, which is Rough Country's parent company. It is heavy duty stuff, well made and made in the USA.

All 3 lifts use their own leaf springs and that is what makes each kit different from one another. I have heard alot more good than bad about all three companies by people who have owned them.

If Rusty's has the military wraps for around the same money I say go with them. May prove handy one day :wink:

from what i've heard... i'd say go rusty's... and like TC said... they are all decent lifts, and have some parts from the same manufacturer... I don't think you'll be upset with either decision

Back