Brush with a Buick

Jeepster05

Today me and some friends were goin to lunch at snoopy's down the street from school and the place was packed. The parking lot was the size of a driveway and it was cluttered with tightly packed cars every at every angle imaginable. I pull in and squeeze past a buick and a van, then I get out to an old woman saying that I hit here. I was like WTF!!! I didn't feel anything so I walked up to the wack and looked at the bumper to see a little rubber smeared on it. I rubbed some of it off and there wasn't even a scratch. The husband comes up and asks for my insurance info so I give it to him and go on my way. I get home today and my dad call and says there was just a claim for 400 bucks on my insurance. I'm a little ticked at this old man trying to screw me outa 400 big ones. Me and my dad are goin to check it out at the body shop on monday. The good side is about 10 of my friends witnessed it and one of them was pulling in behind me when it happened so I think it could turn out good but I'm still ticked. :evil:

what a jerk... some people just trip out and don't think of anyone but themselves... good luck man .. may the force be with you

Weber carb for 87 YJ w/ 258?

old people..man. police report? if not..no proof. tell 'em to eat it

People see cars contact each other and a voice in their heads scream...

"PAY THE MAN!!!"

Sad. If ya ever run in to that Jackass make sure you thank him for me for my high insurance rates :wink:

I hate people like that.. what's worse is now that the insurance is involved it'll cost you (the insured) around 1200 to pay the ins co back for the 400 they spent when they raise your rate. you're better off offering to pay them cash - my wife had the same thing happen - we said get an estimate and we'll pay for it - that's what we did - no insurance involved, no rate increase for 3 years....

well we are going to pay them cash if we pay them at all. I'm lucky I had all my friends around to see it all happen from all angles ha. the wife was the only one on her side that saw it. I think I have a $500 deductable anyway so insurance won't be involved. If they stand firm at 400 we're gonna take em to court maybe for insurance fraud.

Ever since a friend of mine had a similiar but much worse problem I keep a disposable camera in my glove box at all times. He had a guy cut in front of him and slam on his brakes. My friend rearended him and there was very little damage, just a few scratches. The next week, my friend gets a call from the insurance company and the guys whole rearend of the car is smashed in and the guy is claiming back and neck injuries. The insurance company looked at my friend's front bumper with no damage at all and told the guy to take a hike.

If they stand firm at 400 we're gonna take em to court maybe for insurance fraud

not a bad idea if you can get it to hold up

Back