rough country yj lift kit

currupt4130

VT Hokie
does anyone have any experience with the yj rough country 3 " suspension lift? im trying to find out exactly what it comes with because ive found out lots of different things and i cant figure out exactly what comes in the kit and what doesnt. if anyone knows please help me out so i can decide on which kit to purchase

I'm waiting to put mine on due to new shackles in the front. I think the lit is pretty complete from what I took out of the box. Instructions are kinda sketchy, but nothing a little brain power can't fix.

I put one on my gals YJ about 6 months ago. Kit includes new springs, shocks, pitman arm, drop bracket for rear trac bar and necessary mounting hardware. The instructions are a lil sketchy but I'm sure you will be able to figure it out. The metal spring sleeves look identical but they are not. Make sure you insert the correct sleeve into the perch and shackle end of the springs so ya don't have to take apart what you already assembled. Frank

Great lift for the money! I swear by them. For the best price any where go to FollowMyRuts.com tug

A hearty farewell Toast to Pioneers of American Autos

so will i need to buy anything else after buying the kit besides the front quick discos that ill be buying

I would go ahead and get greeseable bolts and bushings and stronger set of shackles myself. Leave off the rear track bar if you have not already done so. The 3.5 lift requires nothing else. Looks real good with 31's and if I were fong to run anything bigger I think I would go ahead and add a half of inch or so on the shackles. Just my thoughts on the deal. Oh yea go ahead and lay in a good supply of side grinder wheels and sawsall blades if you do not have a torch set to use. Getting the old springs off is the toughest part of the whole deal. tug

Close TO HOME..SO SAD..

not the most flexy lift is it tug ?

I was looking at the same lift now that my tax money’s back. Doe’s the kit come with degree shims for the rear or would you need get them. With the t-case drop do you need them? How big of a drop is it 1'' or more?

Most kits that height need the degree shims and come with them. They are still needed even when using the TC drop.

Check out HellCreek Suspensions, same kit with thier own springs, slightly taller.

Rough Country's are good inexpensive kits.

White said:
not the most flexy lift is it tug ?

Nope but it gets the job done. But if you are jeepen on a budget it is the best. If money is not an object go for the Rubicon Express systems. tug

Back