MC 2100 issues

PatriotJeep

To all of you guys who have done the MC 2100 swap on to your jeeps I need some help. I used the Mr. Gasket 1937 adapter and the gaskets provided. The issue is that the is a part of the carb body that hangs off the back of the adaptor approx. 1 inch toward the firewall. The carn body is hollowed out in that section and has passages that extend into the butterflies. This is creating a vacume leak that is so bad that my hand is not enough to plg it up. Trying to get the deal ready for spring so all help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help,

Todd

To fix that I took a piece ot 1/16 inch aluminum and cut it out to match the bottom of the carb. With another gasket and some very careful silicon its solid and leak free. Just cut it to the shape of the base of the carb and cut out the bolt holes and the venturi holes and that's all you need. Its not as hard to do as you might think. You don't have to use aluminum but its easy to cut and it won't rust on you.

i dont have that problem... its not on the wrong way is it? the adapter is the same shape as the base plate...

Back