I need help with my weber carb

markr

New front winch bumper.

I bought an 88 wrangler with a 32/36 weber carb on it. I have tuned on it for a wile. I changed the plugs and the wires. I made sure the timing was correct. I have adjusted the tuning on the carb itself. I dont know what else to do. could u please help me . I'm ready to do some wheelin. Sorry it is a 6 cyl. 258 Cu. Inch. Is this the right carb???? I've read about the 2150 mc carb. is this the right carb or is this the one that is recommended. For the money, I would like to stay with the weber. If not help me out!!! Thanxxxxxxx Mark

What problems are you haveing with the carb?

Yeah swap it. Get a low mileage 2150 from the junkyard, clean it really well and then put it back together with a decent rebuild kit. Sell the weber to somebody who doesn't know any better for what it cost you to get the Motorcraft going.

Plenty of people run them and the webers CAN work really well, but seldom do.

Painting TJ Flares???

If i use the motorcraft do I use the original vacuum setup? I live in a state that does not require emissions(smog) testing? The reason i ask is because i downloaded a vacuum schematic for a 258 and I dont have several of the components that were listed on the schematic.... What do I need and What dont I need...If i can eliminate all smog the better......I'm not sure the guy that installed the carb I have know is correct....If you can help in anyway i would appreciate it....Thanx Mark

don't go any further.... first make sure your ignition is 100% it is very easy to starve or over feed fuel by trying to adjust the weber, So the first thing you need to do is make sure your ignition is as close to 100% as possible to ensure a full fuel burn, also make sure your static ignition is on point, then carefully adjust the carb. It will take time. but will make any motorcraft look sad once it is properly set. With that carb the 258 will have the power of an 8 and decent economy...

Re: New front winch bumper.

I have a Weber 32/36 on my 83CJ7 ... 258, t5 ... runs great but spent lots of time getting rid of vacuum leaks, lowering fuel pressure (2 -4 lb), and setting up jets for >5000 feet ... a lot of tweeking currently gets me 26mpg hiway. And, decent response when punching the secondary.

Attachments

• Jeep 6-15 02.JPG
    Jeep 6-15 02.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 117
Back