1" body lift for tj

exjay33

I need some honest feedback on the 1" bodylift for a tj, do you have to trim the fan shroud, anything else out wack?

unless you get a 1" MML or relocate it down an 1" you will have to trim it.

Just relocate the shroud down an inch. You might need to trim around the shifter (if you have a manuel) where it goes through the tub. Go through all your gears when you are at a stop and make sure your not catching any body. If you are, pull off the shift boot an cut back some body to make room for shifting.

Do you have a suspension lift? If so a 1" motor mount lift will help with rear driveline angles, keep the shifters up after a body lift, and keep you from relocating the fan shroud and AC lines. Got mine from www.goferitoffroad.com and was sweet to install.

It also might depend on whether you have a 4 or 6 cyl engine. I just installed a 1" BL on my 91 YJ 2 weeks ago and I did not need to drop the rad or even the shroud. I have the 4 cyl and there was plenty of room between the fan and shroud. Haven't had any issues. But I can see with the 6 there being a lot less room in there and needing to drop the shroud. I was prepared to do it and it seemed like a pretty easy task anyhow.

Back