Wont Start

THEO

my jeep wont start! anyways, im new to this site, but not to jeeps, had mine for about 5 years now, most of the problems i encountered were mainly because of offroading and were easy to figure out, but i havent taken it wheeling for about a year now, just use it for daily driving, and i got a new problem and not enough time and i really have no idea where to start, or much money to fix it :( . This might sound a little vague, but i figured i would ask on a forum or something before i had it checked out by a professional, but anyways, i got a 95' 2.5L 4 banger that quit on me last week, died just like it ran outa gas, but thats not the problem because i put more fuel in it later that day, and the check engine light is on. Basically it will turn over, and tries to start up, did for about half a second 3 times in a row, but just dies right after that. Any ideas? Any help would be awesome, thanks.

it feels like it, would that make the check engine light turn on? Is there any way to check the ecu codes?

Some of the other YJ owners will be able to tell you how to check the codes. Does it Fire at all?? I have had a Camaro that would fire 3 times then shut off. later I found that one of the cables at the bottom of the distributor had come loose. hense the Tripple fire then fail.

to check codes.... start with the key off... turn it to the on position (not start), then off, on, off, on... that is "on" three times, and keep it at on... watch the engine light flash... one flash, short pause, two flashes, long pause is a 12... and that will be your first code... then the last code will be flash, flash, flash, flash, flash, short pause, flash, flash, flash, flash, flash... that will be 55, meaning end of codes

Back