flexing

kevin4x4

whats up ? I have a 2000 tj 2.5 lift when flexing hard I rub. Can I run a 2 in budget lift. If so what All do I need. 4 In shocks, 1.25 body lift bblift. :mrgreen:

Where is it rubbing at?

You can install the 1.75" budget boost spacers on top of the 2.5" springs, but you'll need longer shocks, brake lines, and swaybar endlinks. You'll need to readjust front and rear track bars.

Ahhh you have now opened the greatest can of wormes in the Jeep world. Hey Jason "More Flex and more throtle" What do you think! heheheeh tug

Gimme the signs for it dewd :-D

YEEEEEEEHAAAWWWWW MORE THROTTLE!!!!!!!

can u tell a difference in just a 1.25 body lift. want to run dissconects but scared to rub more. want a cheap fix had d jeep for 2 months and got tires rims lockers and lift money got low and wife got mad is why I went with a 2.5 lift...

L33TJ33P said:
I still rub from time to time with 2" lift and 31's Just a little infor for you
i'd have to second what l33t said. i have a 96 zj, and same lift tires l33t's got, i rub occasionally. i know its no tj, but the zj and tj are very similar, budget boosts for the two are nearly identical.

Bikini top, Windjammer, and Duster(Rear deck Cover)

There are several fixes here, one that is the cheapest to lengthen your bump stops.
Rock Krawlers sells shocks that have bump stops built in but I dont know how good they are as well.

does bump stop makes that big of a difference. what is there purpose. when putting the lift on I left them off. :shock:

Bump stops make a dig driffrence. There main porpuse is to make sure your tires dont smash your fender wells. There is also a set to keep your wheels from turning into your body panels.
I lengthen mine and put bigger bottom bump stops in when I put on my lift...at 205$ a peice for a tire I did not want to chew one up hitting the top of the fender.
What I did was with the tires off and the sripngs removed, the frame still sitting on the jack stands, I placed the axle at normal riding height (using two floor jacks).
Then I lifted one till I was able to measure from the center of the axle at the face of the hub to the top of fender well. I had to add over 2.0inched of spacers and buy a longer 10mm bolt to attach them to factory bump stop.
I did fail in adding the hypotenuse and sine angle height of the width of the tire.
So I did hit till I added 1.312 longer bottom bump stops as well.
This method is also good in telling you the maximum travle length that you will need for your shocks, when doing a custom lift.
This took about 2 hours and I was able to purchase the stock at a local salvage yard and drill and counter bore it at work on a lathe.
The bolt was a special order and had to come from a local fastener place that sells 10mm x 120mm long bolts.
I have since had to cut one side of the factory bump stop and bend it back 5 degrees and weld up the cut due to bending. it was hitting the coil spring and making a gowd awlful noise that took me several days to locate.

Back