Homemade Rockers

xxjas12xx

I remember awhile back someone posted pics of rockers they built themselves. They were made from small square tubing. Looked like maybe 1 inch tubing? I did a search and came up with nothing. If this is you could you please post the pics again? I really liked them and I would like to get the specs from you so i could build my own also.

P.S. I really hope it was this site and not a different one lol. Im almost positive it was on here though.

Yeah it was on here, I don't know where to find the pics but I believe they used some angle for the actual rocker and welded the steps onto that.

Idle speed and adjustment

Here are the ones I made. I am going to make some new ones soon that will cover the whole bottom. I just have to cut around part of the fron fender.

Most make them out of 4" Angle 1/4 inch thick then put 1" square on. Mine are 3" angle but I am going to make the next ones out of 4"

image-missing.png

tug, maybe they will post pics of theirs also. im open to any suggestions. although i do like the look of the square tubing.

OutOfStep said:
Yeah seems that it was sully that made the latest set of beefy box tube rails

im mostly wanting to do this for looks, the off roading i do mostly consist of hills and mud, i just want something i can do myself and that looks good. they dont have to be all that "beefy"

Then go with the aluminum flashing with PVC rails JB welded to it :wink: Just kidding. Shouldnt be any harder/more work to make good functional ones, plus the rails are really handy to use as a high lift jack point.

OutOfStep said:
Then go with the aluminum flashing with PVC rails JB welded to it :wink: Just kidding. Shouldnt be any harder/more work to make good functional ones, plus the rails are really handy to use as a high lift jack point.

lmao@ aluminum and pvc! yeah, i know whatcha mean, it shouldnt be any harder to make ones that really work as well as look good.

Plus the rocker is a weak point. In most frontend collisions it get a wrinkle right there. Not having the door in at the time of a accident is another reason they tend to fold up. Alot of people get the steel from Home Depot. Its in the masonry section.

White said:
Plus the rocker is a weak point. In most frontend collisions it get a wrinkle right there. Not having the door in at the time of a accident is another reason they tend to fold up. Alot of people get the steel from Home Depot. Its in the masonry section.

the materials to do it with is no problem at all. we have all kinds of square and round tubing laying around. (we race late models on dirt) im just looking for different styles. im leaning towards the square tubing, but im open to any suggestions.

4"x4"x.25" angle iron about 46" long, and 2"x2" square tubing. Gives about a 6" wide skid plate under each rocker, and it needed it. Bolts are in front of and behind the firewall for strength, as well as through the boxed seatbelt mount. About $100 to make.
DSCN3174JPG-1.jpg

nice scratches on them bounty :) That piece sticking into the fender flare is not in harms way i guess...? I ike the square tubing look.

No, I've run 34" tires with them and they're not even close. It covers the tip of the rocker and is tapered in at 45* on the bottom.

I figure it's easier to put a rocker on the boulders and slide over, rather than get high-centered or hang up the spring hangers, hence the boulder rash.

I cut the supports at 1" so they are 1"x1"x1". I cut everything with a sawsall, that is why I have not made my new ones yet, I need something better to cut it with. I could not find 4" angle at home depo that is why I went with 3".

image-missing.png

can I email someone pics of the ones I made Cause I cant get them to load

HEY AV! THOSE LOOK ARE MY ROCKERS! But min go fender well to fender well. Why dont yours?

I have some, I am trying to load them but they arent doing what I want. Hang tight!

Back