anyone know anything about Rock Krawler TJ lifts

fattyfat

specifically the TJ COMP 6 Standard Wheel Base Coil Over Conversion that comes with the fox coil overs, i was jut wandering what the advantages of it was, cause it costs 2x as much as the other 6 n lift, is that just the ox colilovers?and if anyone knows what it scored on a ramp there 7 in regular lift kits scor 1400+. and i was wandering what tire size/gears would be the best if i was to get that suspension but keep my stock Danas for a while till i figured out what if any i should upgrade those to, and got the money depending on how much they cost Thanks for your info

DON'T take this as fact, I might be completely mistaken.....but wasn't Rock Krawler the company that made the lift that caused that magazine truck to flip over a few years ago? I think they were doing a braking test and when they slammed on the brakes the rear unloaded and it flipped over? I can't even remember the mag, I doubt I've got the manufacturer right. Does anybody else remember this?

JP did a article about rock Krawlers long coil over suspention kit a month or two back...they said it was a little springy but they changed over to rancho's shocks with the 3 way adjuster valvues and it rode great.
I am upset at them since I had some hardware fail on there track-bar in a criticle spot...I lost a 14 mm bolt and spacer just driving on a dirt rode. There 14mm hardware is a special order part...14mmx 1.0x 100mm long isnt a home depot special.
I had a hard time getting them to replace this bolt and bushing while my jeep sat since a 1/2-13 was all I could find to fit and had a 1/4 inch steering wheel turn to go left to right.
Luckley I am a machinist and had my jeeping partner at work over night me 6 14mm bolts and I custom ground some A2 tooling steel to remake the bushing. it took me 4 days of on the phone with Rock Krawler just to get them to send me the replacment parts.on there "life time warrenty".
I since got a letter saying there sorry and my next order is at there cost only....not sure if I will ever put any of there junk on my jeep again....but that is my personal op.

Back