Spare Tire Relocation

Do those Rims have a 3.75 Back spacing? Are the tires 33x12.50?

If so you shouldn't need a relocation bracket. my 31x11.50 with 3.75 BS still has about an inch between the stopper and the tire.

The only thing I would check is to make sure your spare won't hit the rear bumper without a 1" body lift. It's gonna be tight. My 32 just rubbed the top of the bumper before I put the body lift on. On the other hand my swampers were closer to 33's than 32's.

when i got mine it had a 3 inch bod lift and the guy put two 2x4s under the brake light and two behind the spare, he just bought new bolts and voila!

there is a kit in quadratec that beefs up the rear tailgate to accomodate a 33 inch spare. My brother has one on his jeep with 33s, the guy he bought it from put it on, Works good.

Those tire adapter things you put on your stock tire carrier are total crap. It just picks the tire up and sticks it out away from the back of the jeep. This means that when there is enough force by either bouncing around or a big bump it will break right off the back of your jeep! Just trying to save you from a head ach and a waste of money. When you go up to 33's there is all kinds of stuff you have to deal with, driveline angles, and to top it all off how to fit the spare tire. Good luck!

Sully- How would bigger tires change your driveline angle? If you have a vehicle with 27's, the driveline angle will still be the same if you put on 49's.

Correct ECM Part number and Firmware Code on 97?

88Wrangles said:
Sully- How would bigger tires change your driveline angle? If you have a vehicle with 27's, the driveline angle will still be the same if you put on 49's.

I think he means when your making room for bigger meats.

88Wrangles said:

I mean getting the lift for 33's usally means changes need to be made. Driveline angles change.

Sully said:
Those tire adapter things you put on your stock tire carrier are total crap. It just picks the tire up and sticks it out away from the back of the jeep. This means that when there is enough force by either bouncing around or a big bump it will break right off the back of your jeep! Just trying to save you from a head ach and a waste of money. When you go up to 33's there is all kinds of stuff you have to deal with, driveline angles, and to top it all off how to fit the spare tire. Good luck!

Yea, I've had the Jeep for about a year now, and every time I get something new I say "this it for a while". Little do you know that the 4" lift requires an SYE, and so now you have to much lift for 31's, you need 33's and a hi-lift. So now that you got the 33's you need a beefy steering stabilizer. Oh yea, don't go back to Paragon w/o some more armor underneath. Meanwhile your brakes are going, and your stock header has a crack. Oops forgot about that miserable stereo jeeps come with, better go get a decent stereo and an amp for when the top off so you can actually hear the music over the sound of those 33's.............................and on and on and on.........

dick_wilderness said:
Yea, I've had the Jeep for about a year now, and every time I get something new I say "this it for a while". Little do you know that the 4" lift requires an SYE, and so now you have to much lift for 31's, you need 33's and a hi-lift. So now that you got the 33's you need a beefy steering stabilizer. Oh yea, don't go back to Paragon w/o some more armor underneath. Meanwhile your brakes are going, and your stock header has a crack. Oops forgot about that miserable stereo jeeps come with, better go get a decent stereo and an amp for when the top off so you can actually hear the music over the sound of those 33's.............................and on and on and on.........

The scariest part is if there was and end to it (which there is not), then you'd get bored, sell it, and start all over again!!

Back