frameless soft top

I was thinking about getting one but I'm not sure if I like the way they look. What year are you putting it on? I like them better on more recent years with the newer roll bars. I don't know if I'd want one for my 89 because then I have to get the support bar.

I have a 91, so I would be getting the support bars. Thanks for the link. I have a hard top, so this would only be used 6 mo out of the year. I run a safari top with support bars now in KS, but I'm getting tired of getting drenched! What I like about rock gear is you can fold the windows up and store them out of the way, but at this point I'm still undecided. For the money I could get rock gears or a decent soft top so that really isn't an issure.

I have a hardtop that I use for the winter too. I still haven't gotten a soft top for my jeep and I've had it over a year. I am definitly getting one as soon as i get the money. I can't decide what to get either. I might get a pavement ends flip top just because they are 450 with all the hardware. It's probally going to be either that or a rock gear, or maybe even save up and get a bestop.

Re: TPS at Idle

I just got the pavement ends flip top a few months ago. It seems to be a pretty good top. It is nice to be able to just flip the front part up when u arent sure about rain and it's prtty quiet to.

Jeepguy, what year jeep do you have? I just found an old post and someone wrote that their flip top was loud with the windows down.

How do you soft top guys store your widows when you take them with you. Am I right to assume you can't just "wad" them up??? I looked at the bestop soft-top, but I still have a sour taste in my mouth from the fender flares I bought from them (don't buy their fender flares!). I really like my safari top, which is what I would have in the rock gear top, But I also want the capability of throwing on the windows "quickly". I guess when your getting ready to blow $500 you want the perfect scenario and it probably doesn't exist. :) If I didn't already have a hard top I proabably would go with -gulp!- a best top super. Thanks for all the info, I'll let you know what I buy and how I like it.

I just replaced my factory soft top on my 95YJ with a supertop - had one one my 91 a couple years back too. Its a great top, no doubt about it. I used to have a sleeve that the qtr windows rolled up and slid into and then snapped shut. One for each. Put them in the "trunk" with the lock. I dont carry the door windows though too easy to walk away. When I sold the 91 the top and sleeves went with it.

Just get a supetop. You wont be sorry.

Back