jeep vaccuum hoses????

booher

Need help with vaccuum hoses!!!! Mine are all mixed up and half of em arent even hooked up. Anyone got diagrams??? Or any advice at all.??? And please dont say chilton because it has been no help at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

get a polaroid instand camera, find the same model&year jeep, take many pictures, go home and fix...[i know this guy who did that once]

Here you go: this is for a 4.2L

Terry

258vacuhose-1.gif

If that swell diagram in the last msg does not help, try this :

Once, long ago i had the same problem as you with a 1979 ford pickup. I cruised the AUTO ROW in my town and started looking for a truck like mine.

I had to go to 3 lots before the sales mgr would let me pop the hood and with my truck parked at the curb, I popped my hood and pulled out my supply of hoses and started plumbing to match his truck.

The Guy was swell about it! The first 2 lots thought it too out of the ordinary to allow me to do it, suspecting i would guess, that i was up to something like stealing a smog sensor or something.

Anyway,Me and the guy who was a pal are now pals. I bought my latest pickup from him. a 1994 Ford F250 diesel to pull my jeep up the mountains with.

That's how I did it...

thanks a lot for the hlep guy, and that diagram is a big help also.

I do have one more question though....I have a huge hose coming off my brake booster. Where does that hook into??? I think I have it hooked up wrong, because my brakes are shitty....the pedal is very hard to push in at all, and is hard to stop.

Your Power Brake Booster's large vac hose ALWAYS go directly to manifold. The brakes get full engine vac. ALWAYS. Any vehicle.

anyone anyone?????

ANyone who has a brake booster on their cj, can you tell me exactly where that hose off the booster hooks into????

Hi! Mine has the fat hose hooked up to a fitting right underneath where to the carbuerator bolts to the intake manifold. I would bet that any available fitting directly into the intake manifold would work for you, if it's the right size to mate with your vacuum line. Hope this helps!

Back