MY RUBI HAD A BAD DAY!

whiterubicon

Yesterday was a bad day for me and my Rubi. It was coming up on 9,000 miles and was time to schedule it for an oil change. I called the dealer and made an appointment for that day. About 2 hours later a coworker came to me and said that I should check my jeep for damage. "Why?", I asked. She told me that a branch fell from a tree and it looked like the jeep got hit. She was correct. The branch was a bit larger than a shampoo bottle and about 15 feet long. It hit the drivers front fender and bent it down. I was sick. Since I work in a bodyshop I pulled the Rubi into my stall and began drying her off to see what else might have happened. The damage looked bad but only required a bit of tweaking to the fender and it was good as new. The fender flair will need to be painted but that is not so bad.
Since I have heard about a problem with the Rubicons leaking fluid from the rear output seal on the transfer case I try to keep an eye on it. Well I decided to look under there since I had it on dry ground. Guess what. It is leaking. The guy at the dealer said that he hadn't heard of this being a prob. They fixed it according to a TSB from Jeep. I just hope that it is realy fixed and I dont have to play games. I was suprised to get my Rubi back today. Today was a much better day.

i'd be mad if a big ole branch fell on my jeep. infact, i'd be pissed as hell. Atleast you was able to fix it easy

My buddy bought a Rubi two months ago and his seal was leaking 3 days after he bought it. Had it replaced under warranty and it was leaking again a week later. He had it replaced again and no further problems. He's a little pissed at me right now because he got his fully locked Rubi stuck on a rock which I drove right over with my unlocked YJ just before he got stuck and had to pull him out.

whiterubicon said:
The guy at the dealer said that he hadn't heard of this being a prob. They fixed it according to a TSB from Jeep.
He may not of heard of it, but apparently Jeep has if they've issued a TSB on it. Don't be surprised if it leaks again, it's the nature of seals sometimes, it often takes a few tries to get a seal with the perfect fit. Can't take 'em more than about 15 minutes to fix.

Back