i got jacked

jeep90

so this morning i hop in the jeep and my console, glovebox, and ashtray are all open. somebody got in my jeep last night and stole all my change :roll: , and a lighter, but what ticks me off the most is that they got the craftsman toolset that i had in there from earlier that day, and my breaker bar. i am pretty sure that i know who it was because up until this point i could sleep at night with the door hanging wide open and not worry about it until we got new neighbors across the road. i am almost positive that it was the punk 15 year old drug dealing bastard. my stereo and sound bar is still there, guess he couldnt figure out how to take it out.

anyhow, here is the tech part. i have decided to finally build that lockable cargo cover that i kept putting off. i have big sheets of diamond plate to take advantage of here, but i think that it may be too heavy. i want to make it sit flush with the wheel wells so that i can put crap on top, and weld on tie-down points too so my junk dont fly out. im thinkg build two rails that bolt on to the wheel wells for the deck to sit on, with latches attached to the under side to attach to the rails. use one more piece of metal in the back slanted down and towards the seats, that way i can still recline the seats. im thinking of putting a hinge on the deck somewhere towards the front of the jeep so that i can lift it up incase i have something big that needs to go in. after its all said and done the only way to get in, is if you have a key to the tailgate.

i was also considering some pressure treated wood to keep the weight down, but im not sure if it will be strong enough. if anyone else has built one, what did you use? and how did you build it?

thanks in advance

Just start kicken butts sooner or later you'll get the right one! heheeh sucks to get jacked suckes even more to jack someone. Karma ting you know. they will get theirs! tug

Use diamond tread aluminum instead of steel. That will keep the weight down. You can get a 4x4' sheet for about $80. Then use some angle iron (or aluminum) bolted along the fenderwells as a lip for it to rest on. You can get some lever style locks with a key from Home Depot. If you really want to get trick, install some low pressure shocks (like a hatchback shock) to hold the lid up.
Don't use wood. One day you will look back and want to kick yourself in the nads for ghetto rigging it.

sat on the porch all morning cleaning my guns, and when that little punk walked by i told him that i liked his mp3 player and wouldnt mind having one just like it :twisted: .......he bowed his head and went inside :mrgreen:
image-missing.png

jeep90 said:
sat on the porch all morning cleaning my guns, and when that little punk walked by i told him that i liked his mp3 player and wouldnt mind having one just like it :twisted: .......he bowed his head and went inside :mrgreen:
image-missing.png

Ah the ol' cleaning the guns trick! Works every time! He won't mess with you're Jeep anymore!

Reminds me of a girl I dated... when I took her out for the first time I had to meet her dad, who was sitting in their living room cleaning his guns. Then he offered me a beer (I was 17). I told him I would have one with him, but that I was driving.

Needless to say Heather got door service and was home on time!

Sucks to get your stuff ripped off! Dont keep anything of any value in your jeep, just to be safe.

TwistedCopper said:
jeep90 said:
image-missing.png

Ah the ol' cleaning the guns trick! Works every time! He won't mess with you're Jeep anymore!

Reminds me of a girl I dated... when I took her out for the first time I had to meet her dad, who was sitting in their living room cleaning his guns. Then he offered me a beer (I was 17). I told him I would have one with him, but that I was driving.

Needless to say Heather got door service and was home on time!

Heather?!?!? Had pretty much the same experience with a Heather. Only without the guns. He offered me a beer, and I told him I was too young to drink (17 also). He got up, shook my hand, and said, "Don't fret the curfew, son. You passed the test." That was way cool! I still managed to get her home by 1am (her curfew) each time we went out, and when I turned 18 I sat and had a beer with her dad. He was the coolest dad of any of the girls I dated....and owned a Jeep, too!

Sorry that was off-topic. I've also been wanting to build a lockable storage comp that fits behind the rear seat for smaller stuff like tow straps, jumper cables, etc. I want it removable, because sometimes I use my YJ as a pickup truck to haul stuff the wife buys at auctions. Once ya get it done, slap some pics on here for us!

Back