Adjusting the Clutch pedal

jeepfan555

I recently put a new clutch in my 95' YJ 2.5L and the pedal seems to be grabbing really high still. Is there anyway to adjust it?

Hi,

By grabbing high do you mean that the pedal has to be almost all the way out from the floor before the clutch engages? I had that problem on my Wrangler after a new clutch was put in... luckily as I drove it the pedal feel gradually returned to normal.

Hydraulic clutches (which is what you have) are not adjustable. The only place it may have any kind of adjustment is on the pedal rod where it connects to the clutch master cylinder piston, though you'd not want to mess with that unless you know it is set incorrect.

-Nick :!:

when you said it fell into place after a little bit of driving it, how long did it take? Mine has about 5,000 mile on it now, I dont think its going to drop into place. Any other suggestions with what it might be?

If there is air in the lines how can I remove it and could there be really be air in the lines if I have been driving it for over 5,000 miles on the new clutch?

HI,

mine mysteriously fixed itself after about a week or so of driving (probably less than 600 miles).

Also, Air in the clutch would usually cause it to engage right off the floor, not at the top of the pedal.

-Nick :!:

Back