Securing side marker lens in TJ flare?

laneiac

I need to secure the TJ side marker signals in mine and my gals YJs. It has a smooth shaft :oops: that goes through the hole in the flare and two "hooks" that secure the upper portion of the light in the flare. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

try to find a nut small enough to go around the tip of the shaft. coarse thread would work good because as you tighten it down, it will cut into the plastic and turn it into a screw. i read about that method, but i just use "DAP" contact cement available at home depot.

You can use JB Weld or any good epoxy on the plastic shaft. Factory TJ's use a nut that cuts into the plastic shaft, I believe.

Go to autozone or napa and get interior plastic retaining nuts! The guy behind the counter will look at you like your a retard so don't both to ask! You will have to look in the interior parts section, they were used in a lot of GM vehicles in the 80's to secure trim pieces. Thats what I used and works great. I think I got the 1/2 ones, can't recall though, but they are self threading so when you screw them on, they will lock them selves on.

They are black
they are hex shaped and they are thin, like a washer but are pressed to look like half of a nut.
And they are a b#tch to explain!

The parts that are used from the factory are called speed nuts. You can usually get them at your local auto parts store under the help section. Or you could go by your local bodyshop and they could probably hook you up with the right size.
image-missing.png

Back