Nutter bypass?

wm69

Let's talk about Frame Repair!

Ok, I've been searching on the nutter bypass and have had no luck as nutter took his info off the net. My rig has a TFI and the carter (soon to be replaced by a weber). My question is this; I know the weber won't be affected by the computer, so getting the weber fixes part of it, but won't the ignition still be run by it? Also, I've seen a lot of stuff on running more power to the coil (I just hooked up my stock coil wires to the TFI coil). Should I cut the computer out of the loop for my ignition or leave it as it is? Should I run more volts to the coil somehow or leave it alone. It runs ok, and I'm sure the weber will help immensely (as it did on my trial rig), but I want to make sure I've got this thing running as efficiently as possible.

You have to be careful if you rewire the coil. You don't want to put more power to the coil or you will start frying ignition modules and coils. It runs great with 12 volts on the coil but sooner or later one of them is going to go. I fried two ingition modules in one week with 12 volts on the coil. Your wiring harness should have resisitance wire running to the + on the coil. This should drop the voltage down to about 9 volts or so. If you cut out the computer make sure you keep the resisitance wire. If you do loose the resistance wire you need to make sure put resistors in his place.

Back