1987 YJ Does anyone know what size the dash speakers are???? I was told I could fit a 6" x 4" plate speaker set up in there.....is this true???
    Thanks

Yes, that's true. You can fit 4" x 6" speakers back there.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper93
    Yes, that's true. You can fit 4" x 6" speakers back there.
    Yeah, but can you fit 6"x4" speakers?

Yeah, but can you fit 6"x4" speakers?
    Only if you turn them upside down :wink:
    ---1991 Wrangler, 1" BL, 31x10.5 Pirelli Scorpion AT's, K&N filter, almost stockin' still rockin'---

Just make sure they have a gasket or a spacer on the speaker side so they don't get smashed up against the dash.

Have fun installing them. It's a PITA but do-able

ive been thinking about making it easy for myself, grab the grinder, cut right next to the dash and pop the newly made panels off, put some weather stripping or something there and put the new speaker panels back on, it really is a PITA to get to
    06 VW (hardcore crawler)

"The mountains are calling and I must go." -John Muir

i was thinking of cutting the panels myself
    93 YJ 4.0
    Spring Over, 33x12.50 Mastercraft Courser M/T, High Flow Exhaust, Diamondplate Rear Bumper, Trimmed Flares, 6\" spotters

We, the Sovereign People of the Universe, wish to live in peace. We live among you, but we are not of you.

hmm someone else that thinks of ways to make life with a yj easier... hoped i wasnt the only one lol
    06 VW (hardcore crawler)

"The mountains are calling and I must go." -John Muir

It's 4x6 but you have to get speakers that are flush when bottom-mounted. There can be no tweeter protrusion. If you already have speakers that will protrude when bottom mounted, you must get enough washers or some form of spacer to prevent contact... just like TwistedCopper said. And yes... they are a PITA.

I suggest buying a quality pair so that you don't have to do it again for 5 or more years. Get rubber surround and polypropylene cones.

Corey
    89 YJ 2.5L, 4\" Hell Creek Susp., .5\" homemade lift shackles, 33x10.50 on TJ Grizzly Alloys, Herculined tub, K&N, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Russell extended stainless brake lines, & a Congo Cage w/ Yakima bars
    http://coreyandhis.jeepz.com

NEVER use paper cones... they should have been poly from the factory... mud + paper = you replacing speakers
    93 YJ 4.0
    Spring Over, 33x12.50 Mastercraft Courser M/T, High Flow Exhaust, Diamondplate Rear Bumper, Trimmed Flares, 6\" spotters

We, the Sovereign People of the Universe, wish to live in peace. We live among you, but we are not of you.