YJ dash speakers

allabs5150

1987 YJ Does anyone know what size the dash speakers are???? I was told I could fit a 6" x 4" plate speaker set up in there.....is this true???
Thanks

Just make sure they have a gasket or a spacer on the speaker side so they don't get smashed up against the dash.

Have fun installing them. It's a PITA but do-able

ive been thinking about making it easy for myself, grab the grinder, cut right next to the dash and pop the newly made panels off, put some weather stripping or something there and put the new speaker panels back on, it really is a PITA to get to

hmm someone else that thinks of ways to make life with a yj easier... hoped i wasnt the only one :mrgreen: lol

It's 4x6 but you have to get speakers that are flush when bottom-mounted. There can be no tweeter protrusion. If you already have speakers that will protrude when bottom mounted, you must get enough washers or some form of spacer to prevent contact... just like TwistedCopper said. And yes... they are a PITA.

I suggest buying a quality pair so that you don't have to do it again for 5 or more years. Get rubber surround and polypropylene cones.

Corey

NEVER use paper cones... they should have been poly from the factory... mud + paper = you replacing speakers

Back