Tires for the man who wants everything....

Boulderados

Thanks to everyone here my Jeep is driving like she just came off the dealer's lot...

So now i want new tires and was wondering what everyone here recomends:

- Good highway performance/low noise

- Good off road performance (dirt/gravel/slickrock/sand, nothing extreem)

- Good all weather performance (especialy rain)

- Good price
image-missing.png

Thanks all![addsig]

well if you want low noise and good overall performance you should probably go with BFG Mud-terrains. They pretty much seem to be rated as the very best for all around...but I still would go with super swampers on my jeep for the aggressive look.[addsig]

You might want to look into Yokohama Geolander tires. They have an all-terrain and mud terrain version. I have the mud terrains. They are very quiet compared to most other brands of mud terrains, they have excellent traction on and off road and are not slicks in the rain, they actually handle really good. My friends have the all-terrains and they are excellent in the rain and snow, very quiet and last long. They're pretty good off road too. These tires are a little more expensive than most other brands but the extra money is well worth the investement for the better performance. My friends that have the Geolanders manage a place that wholesales many different brands of tires.... they've tried them all and swear by these things.[addsig]

I'm running BFG All-Terrain TAs and I think they are great. I've put ten thousand miles on them and am hardly noticing any wear at all. I drive a lot on the highway and they don't make a whole lot of noise. I think their a great tire.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I have the BFG all-terrains too and they make almost no noise......veeeeeerrryyy smooth ride.[addsig]

I have goodyear MTR's they are great i live in eastern virgina so no rocks mostly clay and good ole dirt, they work really great on hill climbs and fallen trees, they wear great though they are a little noisy but not too bad, they clean better than all terains and better grip, I can go to outerbanks north carolina and drive in beach sand and not even air down, and they are only 31-10.50's, no to pricy but not cheap and I think they are 40 or 50 thousand mile tires. hope this helps, also they have tri wall so the side walls are puncture resistant and in all the mags i get they are pretty popular in rock crawling.

hope this helps

marc[addsig]

I run the BFG MT's (33X12.5's) and love them. Great off-road and street performance. Obviously geared more towards off-road...I have only had difficulty during real heavy rainfall at highway speeds. So far, they are wearing well, almost two years old now with a considerable amount of tread left. Just my opinion.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I just switched from BFG ATko's to MTkm's earlier this year. I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner
image-missing.png
. I've noticed no ill effects on the road after the switch, maybe a little more noise, but nothing major. On the trail though, wow! What a difference over the AT's
image-missing.png
. If you're leery about a more aggressive tire as a daily driver, take it from experience here, go for them now
image-missing.png
.[addsig]

Back