2 owners. Never offroaded.
Fiberglass Tub top fenders.
Needs a starter.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

How much should they be asking ?

Doing a V8 in a TJ??

Looks good, I want it. Not even sure what they're worth.

Like mentioned it'll most likely depend on where you are at, but I'd bet it's going to be an EASY 5000.... considering the fiberglass tub and hardtop could easily be more...

If it is ONLY a starter that it needs, I'd make the guy replace that before buying it. I mean, a $50 starter shouldn't be that big of a dent in his pocket and would help to make sure it isn't really something wrong elsewhere.

He started it and It was fine. He said once in a while the starter sticks. So replace it before the flywheel gets damaged. ( Thats what he was getting at).

Any reason to buy this other then a yj.
Tj is not in the budget :(

Iam located in zip 18334 kinda..

gonna check bluebook now ...
------->Engine: 6-Cyl. 4.2 Liter
Trans: Automatic
Drive: 4 Wheel Drive
Mileage: 51,000
Equipment
Hard Top
Power Steering
AM/FM Stereo
Running Boards

Retail Value Search Local Listings for This Car $3,145

Thats kool

That auto/d300 combo is nice. What engine? How much rust underneath? Was the original body rusted or damaged?

My "Standard Catalog of Jeep" says this for 1977-1980 CJ7's:
1 (excellent - showroom floor condition) : $14,200
2 (Fine - well restored or minimal wear) : $9,800
3 (very good - operable original or older restoration, all operable parts) : $$5,600
4 (good - driveable, needing no or minor work to function.basically useable as-is) : $2800
5 (restorable) : $1,700
6 (parts car) : $550

This was at the end of 2003, and is a rough guide, as there are many "in-betweens" and it gives no factor for location.

Looks nice, the frame may be rusted though (yeah I know, you weld) :wink:

4 Jeep "Grizzly" alloys with stock size BF Goodric

I didn't even notice you had already said it was a 4.2 in the post before mine. If you can get that for $3,145 you had better jump on it. It won't be there long.

Thanks for all the info, Iam going to talk (with my wallet open) tommrow.
We'll see what kinda deal I can pull off...

The orignal body was rusted. My local 4wd shop did the swap about 11 years ago. The owner was super nice. He has all the paperwork, Mostly just driven to church. Roads get super salty here. Rust is a Constant battle.
(funny story)
If you know the way I talk, This guy was like "Maybe you should come to my church" ......
Every other work was F-this and that. Do you think I'll like hell ?

After he mentioned the Church thing I just Quieted down. I think I even said Thankyou Sir.
(I know its something I gotta Stop doing)

Yeah, saying stuff like "Thank you sir" is just wrong. You really do need to stop.

You $%&^%* polite mother$*^@&#!!! haha

I'm offended White. You said "SIR"? Just awful.

:lol: :mrgreen:

Do us all a favor and take the running boards off!
$4000 would be a good deal for that. is 51000 miles on a rebuild or on the entire vehicle?

What can I say, its a good deal. Pretty low miles for any cj. The motor is probably still in good condition. Lose those gold flares and running boards and your good to go.

Bought it.
Met the guy at 10 am today. Went to the notary. I had to go back to work untill 4. Got off work, Towed it home with the Tahoe.
I just did a title transfer, I dont plan on driving it anytime soon.
Maybe its just me, 51000 orignal Should I leave this to be restored ?
Bty, took it for a cruise around , Drives good. Motor starts right up, No smoke. Automatic trans Shifts nicely.

Man that is awesome news, White! Restore it...?

Hell no! lift it! wheel it! Drive it with the top and doors off! Get some scratches all over those painted flares!

I like seeing things restored or all original. So maybe your right, its already got the tub. Hmmmm alot of thinking to do..

I agree about the running boards. Any other reasonable thoughts ?

Congrats dude!!! Those running boards are the best. Leave em. JK.

Finally!!!!!!! A JEEP!!!!!!!!!!

Congradulations Man!! As for what to do with it, I'm no help there. It would be nice restored, but it would be equally good to lift it and wheel it.

Back