92 YJ Fuel pump circuit

cjist1

I have a 92 YJ 2.5L 5spd. I am not getting power to my fuel pump when trying to start.. I replaced the fuel pump relay and same thing. I have power (with ignition on) to 2 of the terminals of the relay. Another terminal of the relay connects to the auto shutdown relay. And the 4th terminal of the relay goes to the fuel pump. What else do I need to check. am I missing something. Im not reallly sure how fuel pump circuit works. Any help?

I don't know it this will help at all but I just had my fuel pump (whole sending unit replaced actually) replaced and the guy who did it was having a similar problem. He had to re-ground the system which solved the problem. Maybe this will help.

The ground if a definat possibility, Check the Fuse? Probably not that if your getting power, But time for a new fuel pump.

Which ground are you refering to? I know the pump works cause Ive had it out of the tank. Plus I can make it work by jumping two of the terminals together on the relay. It just wont work when I turn the ignition and try to start it. I think it may have something to do with the auto shut down relay.

Back