windshield - self or shop?

dont know how good your insurance is, but i got mine replaced for free, like next day, with out any raise in premium or a deductable...

dont know how good your insurance is, but i got mine replaced for free, like next day, with out any raise in premium or a deductable...

This typically varies from state to state, not necessarily company coverage. There are states that require insurance co's to replace windshields under their coverage. Someone here from Phoenix might know, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to call your insurance and ask.

If it doesn't, my humble body guy insists that Wrangler/CJ windshields are by far the easiest to do. I'm sure you could find one in a yard, too, for CHEAP.

The YJs are cheaper than TJ windshields. Mine was 128.00 a few years ago put in buy Safelite AutoGlass. They are a chain and you get a "lifetime guarantee" so why do it yourself :wink:

Yeah, if your windshield is cracked, it reduces your visibility, and could cause an accident - insurance would want that replaced quickly. At least call and ask them.

I've done it myself on a CJ, and it's not hard (I replaced the windshield frame). There is a trick to put a string in before the rubber, then once it's in place, pull the string out, seating the rubber correctly - at least that's how I remember it...

Back