What do u put in your T5? gear oil? atf?

GaryMB

MUST HAVE Dana 44 rear end housing

I decided to change the fluid in my T5 in my cj7, and came accross a few different generally reliabe sources that gave me different advice as to what to put in my T5. The Jeep dealership suggested 80-90, kragens suggested 75-90, and the chilton repair manual suggested ATF. It just doesn't seem right to put ATF in a gear box, so i went ahead and put in 75-90. Is this the right oil for it?

I never trust Chilton's. I find their torques way off sometimes.

I really like Red Line lubes for the transmission. Their MTL is a 75W80 and their MT90 is a 75W90 both are top quality and after a while you notice your transmission will shift smoother.

http://www.synlubes.com/redline/misc-lubes.html

RE: game

The next time i get water in the transmission i think i'll try the MTL. I think I'll leave the valvoline 75W90 for in there for now, though.

it is safe to use ATF in a T5... even most borg warner manual trannies suggest using atf

It work work with either one. Synchronizer life will be extended and the shifts will be easier, but the gears and other working parts may see more wear with hard use because of the thinner ATF. It would seem logical to me that the best compromise would be a thinner synthetic gear oil, like the Redline MTL. :?

Back