full floating dana 60?????

stiggity

Hi.

I was wondering if anybody could answer a couple questions for me.

I found a full floating dana60 eight lug I was considering sticking under my yj

From flange to flange it's 55 inches long. The axles are 16 spline. I'm not sure what it's out of. It was just kinda of lying there in the junk yard. THe guy only want's 50 bucks for it. I know it will take some work to put under my yj. New gears-lockers-driveshaft all that. Just wondering if you guys think i should look for a 30 0r 35 spline full floater and go with something like that. Considering the fact that I live in PA and tires can't sick out past flares choping a full size axle is not what i'm looking to do. Also alot of the trails I run are pretty tight. SO with all that in mind 16 spline dana 60 full floater or look elsewhere.

Thanks for you help

[addsig]

how big are the brakes? how does the axle measure wms to wms?

Stock is around 60" so you can always get wheels with a certain backspacing that might help you keep the tires under the flares as well.[addsig]

wms to wms is 55 inch. I did'nt mesure the drums but they look like 11 or 12 inch. The bottom of the drums is pretty much level to the bottom of the center section. What do yah think of the 16 spline axle's compared to 30 or 35 spline. I have a dana 44 out of a scout and the axles from the 60 look about same width as 30spline but kinda taper in at the flange. The width should be just a tad wider then stock yj

Thanks

[addsig]

Back