tom woods high angle joint

RE: Re: RE: Re: Serious for a Change - Jobs

interesting... i wouldn't ever use one anyway

Theory :roll: They are like opinions and A-holes, everybodys got one. I don't know who's right, and don't care. I don't need that crap under my Jeep anyway. I just can't see how Tom Woods would invest the money to not only design but to actually manufacture a product that will surely completely ruin their reputation. I haven't invested any of my own time or money in checking it out, and I doubt many of the gods :lol: that hang out on pirate have either. I GUARANTEE Tom Woods has. He could still be wrong though.

RE: new jeep guy question

iv heard of tom woods stuff i never really heard anything bad about them tho it seems like that could be a good U joint as long as its as strong as they claim

RE: Propane Tank question

I've never heard a bad thing about Tom Woods, I'll have to check out the thread.

when i was running with some guys in paragon they had plenty to say about tom woods (negative) and lots to say about high angle (positive) ive also heard from several people in my local club about a decline in toms quality, thats not the discussion in that thread, the discussion in that thread is over the offset u joint that he is producing and wether or not it will cause horrible driveline vibes due to different distances during rotations

i can totally see the theory that thread mentions.. and i can see how it can be a bad thing... though... if i wasn't always broke.. i'd have no problem buying driveshafts from tom woods

Re: RE: Re: RE: round headlights

love my tom woods cv drive shaft, great guy to deal with even replaced it free of charge when a bolt came lose and it snapped.

RE: YJ driveshaft

not downing on tom woods stuff at all, just making people aware of this u joint and that it is strictly for offroad use only. i run tom woods shafts front and rear and i kno if i ever have a problem that he will fix it for free, even if i kink it on a rock, it gets replaced

RE: YJ Fender Flares

right... he DOES do quality work... he just happened to think of an idea that wasn't the greatest... every company venturing into the improvement of previous ideas runs into that here and there

Back