Need help with wiper alignment

NiteDog

This one from the "Oops, I should have removed it myself deparment". :( Needless to say while doing all that work on my rig the past few weeks, I allowed one of the other guys remove the wiper motor without referencing the Factory Shop Manual I had on hand. :(

Well, there is a nut and washer that is NOT to be removed. The 'C' clip on the opposite arm was the point to disconnect it from the assembly.

So I spent about 4 hours at the shop tearing it apart to try and realign the arm that the nut held on. Does anyone know what the proper position of that arm?

I did manage to get it working to a point where the blades can't destroy the paint, but they stop almost verticle in the line of sight. :roll:

thanks
mike

My experience was with a CJ wiper system, but I think they are pretty much the same. Take the motor, and run it disconnected from the wiper linkage, allowing it to stop in the "home" position. Then connect your wiper linkage with it also in the "home" position. Easier said than done, but that is what worked for me.

Back