Another Set Back!!!!!!!

mo-james

RE: Paragon Feb 19th

Been working on my CJ7 Jeep tuning the 383 stroker motor, This Jeep is fast in fact I took it for a 1/4 mile test run this weekend and right at the end of the test run (on a dead end black top) it was hitting over 100 mph.. When suddenly the latches on the 1 piece front end gave way sending the whole front clip up into the windshield NOT FUN!!!!!!!!!! smashed the windshield frame into the new roll cage (thank god for it or it would have been in my lap)
I finally got it stopped it needs a brake upgrade!!!!!!!!!! the hood was cracked in 4 places, headlights are missing. Windshield frame bent like a horse shoe in the middle. I get the hood all back down and in place trying to limp it back home and realized that the high horse power run has burnt something in the stock 350 transmission and 1st gear slips and engages with a thud. What a fricken day. Sometimes I just cant win. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( looks like about a $1200 set back plus shipping of course...........

p.s. dont tell the wife......lol

one reason you don't see Jeeps at your local Drag strip?

You do every once in a while......you would see them there more if some knuckle dragging doofus somewhere hadn't come up with the stupid idea that Jeeps should only be used on the slow-speed trails or climbing over some rock at three miles an hour.

mo-james, sorry to hear that buddy. What was your ET in the 1/4 mile run?

That is too bad. Do you happen to have any before and after pictures (before this incident and after)???

Re: RE: Jeep Unlimited on the Rubicon Trail

I dont know what the ET was I have a g-tech comp system on the windshield unfortunately the slam of the hood knocked it out of its holder and unplugged it. (all that for nothin). My buddy who was copilot said it was 12. something but I didnt see it...
You all are right I see alot of jeeps doing mud, sand, and dirt drags. I dont have any drag strips close to me so I built it just to run and do some dirt drags with, I will take some pics of the damage and try to put them on later its snowing right now

RE: Re: RE: Re: What is your "stupidest" or "

12s with the G-tech? You can figure a solid 13.5+.......not bad at all for a CJ.......probably faster than mine. I've outrun a car that will turn mid thirteens on the strip, but the street is a whole different story and he couldn't find any traction.....so I really don't know how fast it is. I'm hauling it up to the 1/8 mile track in Harrels when I get it back together.

Back