Question about upper hard doors for half doors.

Craig

Just wondering if the upper hard doors for half doors can be secured to the half door somehow. I'm thinking about getting some but I'm worried about them getting stolen over nite.

RE: Jeep Compass ?

close the door and lock it? Thats what I do. I guess that would only work with the top on but why have the uppers on with no top.

RE: Jeep Tj Trick

arkypyro said:
close the door and lock it? Thats what I do. I guess that would only work with the top on but why have the uppers on with no top.
A soft top isn't gonna keep anyone out. I've learned over the years the the stupidest thing you can do is lock a door with a soft top on. I'd rather have them open my door than cut my top to try and steal anything.

RE: Jeep Tj Trick

ah i see what your getting at, i never worry myself - i was thinking like arkypyro
as in only use the hard top half the door when the hard top is on and then you would obviously lock your doors... but yea i never thought about somone stealing the top half of my doors i guess it doesnt matter if they are soft or hard.. i dont lock my doors and i dont worry about it.... but now you ruined the wonderful life i live in... i'm worried :( wait - i live in a hick town yea i wont worry :D but just a question - why get hard upper half doors if you will only be using them with the soft top - they would match a little better and probly be cheaper if they were soft too......

Re: RE: Re: What is your "stupidest" or "wors

antsinmypants said:
but just a question - why get hard upper half doors if you will only be using them with the soft top - they would match a little better and probly be cheaper if they were soft too......
Because I hate dealing with zippers, especially when I'm driving. I also hate the soft windows flapping in my ear all day. The hard uppers are much quieter and easier to operate.

Back