Do YJ half doors have locks?

Craig

I'm planning on buying some used half doors for my YJ sometime in the next few months. I was looking at a picture of a half door from a YJ and noticed it has no door locks. I saw a YJ in the parking lot with half doors and it has door locks. What's with this? Are the locks only available on certain years?

Not sure, but I do know its pointless to have locks on em. Just another excuse for someone to cut those plastic windows...

Some of the earlier ones did not, but most of them do have locks. I'm not sure exactly what year they started putting locks in them, but I do know they had locks in 92.

Yuppers, like Laneiac said, no point in locking a Jeep with a soft top. Put a sticker on the window and tell them to either unzip the windows or just open the door, don't cut the plastic! From what I hear, ins. companies won't depreciate stereos and other valuable items in the Jeep, but I know from first hand experience that they depreciate soft tops. Mine was 9 years old, and they only paid half the replacement cost of it.

RE: Google

89 YJ here. No locks on my half doors. It's always fun to joke with a new rider, "please lock your door when you get out." They spend about 20 seconds looking for the lock... it's funny 50% of the time. :lol:

corey

RE: Hard Top for 93

Mine have locks, theyre not exactly the best on te market but they're there and I never ever use them. Id rather someone steal something then have my windows cut.

I don't plan on using the locks if I get half doors with them. I never lock my doors now when I have my soft top on anyway. I was thinking more for insurance purposes. I spoke the the guy at my insurance company and according to him, nothing inside my vehicle is covered unless the doors are locked. But he also told me "you didn't hear this from me but you're better off not to lock the doors because the deductable is cheaper on theft than it is vandalism"....depending on your insurance company. "If you get broken into, just tell the adjuster you had the doors locked."

my '88 did not have locks. But, you can buy aftermarket locks for them. Can't remember where I saw them at, but they're like the aftermarket locks you can buy for the hood

RE: stock rim size

Craig said:
I don't plan on using the locks if I get half doors with them. I never lock my doors now when I have my soft top on anyway. I was thinking more for insurance purposes. I spoke the the guy at my insurance company and according to him, nothing inside my vehicle is covered unless the doors are locked. But he also told me "you didn't hear this from me but you're better off not to lock the doors because the deductable is cheaper on theft than it is vandalism"....depending on your insurance company. "If you get broken into, just tell the adjuster you had the doors locked."

Also, depending on the insurance company, insurance is cheaper if you have locks. Some won't even insure a vehicle without locks period.

Back