Is the pass. airbag disable function an option on TJs?

PhattyX

My '97 SE had a key lock that I could disable the passenger side airbag. I'm looking at a '97 Sport that has a change holder in place of the airbag disable switch. What gives? Was it an option? If so, is it part of a package and I should be looking for other things missing? I was under the impression that my old SE was bottom of the line.

Thanks in advance,

-X

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Signature pic requirements

I believe that it is only an option if you order the Jeep without the rear seat. If you have a rear seat, there shouldn't be a carseat in the front and thusly no need to turn off the passenger airbag.

RE: disconnected flex

That's interesting. My SE had the back seat and switch, too.

South,

Does your sport not have the on/off airbag seat?

-X

RE: disconnected flex

I am pretty sure it became standard on 98's and up . My 97 dosen't have it and I have never seen a 97 with it.

RE: goodyear mtr or what kind of tire 33x12

I didn't know this. I just thought that since it was a vehicle that was available without a backseat, it would be required to have one in all models. My 99 has the switch and it came with a backseat.

PhattyX said:
That's interesting. My SE had the back seat and switch, too.

South,

Does your sport not have the on/off airbag seat?

-X

I said that because when I ordered my 04 I wanted to get the shut off switch but the literature stated that it was only available if it didn't come with the rear seat and only on the SE Model.

Back