leaf spring prob ?

rchieboy96xj

oh whats up every one ? i have a little problem , my best friend bought a 93 yj about 4 mounths ago and he recently got into an accendent . he broude sided a tree and broke his driver sided leaf spring . its an easy fix but the thing is i dont know how much lift is in it ,see i built my xj myself so i know whats on it his i only whats on half of it . he has 33 s on it , with warn fenders no it and 1.25 lift shackles . how can i find out what how much lift is in it ?

Gauges

helll no there rusted and old . theres just two stickers on the back and old man emu supention and a pro com . thats the only thing

RE: Cherokee speed sensor

the one thing i did notice was that the bushings were yellow and i know that old man emu has yellow bushings .

Question to moderators

You're going to have to replace the springs on both sides, you'll never be able to match the lift and age sag correctly for it to sit level. Just replace them in pairs and you can fine tune the lift height if you have to by using different length shackles.

Remember that lift shackles only lift 1/2 the difference in shackle length. For ex. if the rear is 1/2" high, you'd need a 1" shorter shackle in the rear to level things out.

If they're Old Mann Emu springs, then they're most likely 1 1/2" lift springs in the front and 2 1/2" in the rear. When I bought my Old Man Emu springs there was only one kit available which lifted the front 1 1/2" and the rear 2 1/2". I bought mine about 4 years ago so things might have changed since then.

RE: Re: Sure do miss you all!

can i tell what size spring it is if i turn it upside down and mesure the distance from the center to the surface its on?

lookin for dana 44

Bounty__Hunter said:
You're going to have to replace the springs on both sides, you'll never be able to match the lift and age sag correctly for it to sit level. Just replace them in pairs and you can fine tune the lift height if you have to by using different length shackles

Exactly - and... The same answer would apply for your last question.

The springs may have lost a good inch or so in ride height since they were new - maybe. You really can't be sure so just replace both sides.

i intened on replaceing both, but i think its bigger then 2 1/2 because i have 4.5 in on my xj and i run 31 s this yj runs 33 s and has plenty of wheel well room for flex

RE: handguns or women?

Heck, replace all four! Like said about, you will not be able to match the age and wear and tear on the old spings!, four new/new to you springs would be your best bet.

I picked up 4 4" lift YJ springs from my local want ads recently for $80 to give you a idea of price.

If you can clear 33" with room to spare, on a YJ with no other lift or fender mods, then you've got 4" or 4.5" springs. 4" are the most common.

Back