Lockers

Craig

I've had my 8.8" rearend sittin here for a while now and haven't got around to putting it in yet. Still have to put the gears in and I'm not doing that till I get a locker for it. I was planning on going with an ARB but they're so expensive. Just wondering about cable lockers. Are they available for an 8.8 and which ones are best? I definately don't want a full time locker and I don't want one of those ones that engauge and disengauge by themselves depending on torque. Has anyone here put a cable locker into their rearend? Is it difficult?

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Yep

I assume your refering to an OX locker, those are mighty expensive too, cost will be around the same as an ARB. You could look into a Detroit Electrac, I do believe those are a little cheaper.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Yep

ive got a couple friends who run the ox, in a d35 and a d30, they both have terrible problems with the cable housing not being stiff enough to engage the locker. one of my friends has converted it to a pneumatic actuator which works really well. my one buddy who has it in his d30 also has an electrac in the back and he likes it a lot, works pretty well. other than that i dont kno what else to tell you besides ive seen trouble with the cables flexing

ive got a couple friends who run the ox, in a d35 and a d30, they both have terrible problems with the cable housing not being stiff enough to engage the locker. one of my friends has converted it to a pneumatic actuator which works really well. my one buddy who has it in his d30 also has an electrac in the back and he likes it a lot, works pretty well. other than that i dont kno what else to tell you besides ive seen trouble with the cables flexing

My buddy's got a hard locking detroit in his 8.8. Never givin him any problems and he is pushing 35's.

RE: Paragon pics from this weekend

Is it a daily driver? I'm assuming that's why you want a selectable locker. If driveability and cost are factors, why not look into a Detroit Truetrac? Great driveability but doesn't wear out like the stock limited slips.

I think I'll just postpone the intall of my rearend a little longer till I can afford the ARB's. Hoping to get a good tax return this year so that'll help.

I can put you in touch with a jeeper near me that has an e-locker in an 8.8, he seems to like it so far. If you want cheaper than an ARB you better look elsewhere than a cable locker.

how to upload more than one pic at a time?

A selectable electric locker. The Detroit Electrac is a limited slip until you throw the switch, then acts as a full locker.

Most electric lockers (e-lockers) are just like an ARB, but they use an electrical signal to activate and de-activate them instead of the air pressure that ARB's rely on.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 2006 or 07 Redesigned Wrangler

yep. No air leaks, no need to buy a spendy compressor, or run air lines. And, it works just as good.

And all the electrical connections are sealed from water.

Back