Can a YJ body fit atop a 2003-2005 Rubicon body???? HELP!!

BiohazardYJ

RE: Remington Mud Brute

:?

HEy guys, question i found a perfectly new Jeep Rubicon that has been in an accident and the guy says it's a scrapper, but everything except for the body is perfectly good, can i put i 95 YJ body on an 2004 Jeep Rubicon frame with engine and suspension and all???
BIO

Even if it doesn't bolt on, the wheelbase is the same. Where there is a will----there is a way. It shouldn't be too hard to relocate some mounting points if needed.

RE: HomeMade Bumper

had a neighbor back in florida put an early 70's Nissan body on a late 80's Hardbody frame - its like another friend told me once... if they can put a shuttle in space... you can do anything (evidenced by his small block chevy powered vw super beetle!!!) - had some weird friend back in the sunshine state!!!

A rubicon YJ? That's a first. Sounds like a plan. I say if it's cheap and you have the tools to make it into something. Go for it.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 2006 or 07 Redesigned Wrangler

TwistedCopper said:
Sounds like a great project.

I can hear the roundeyes whining already :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

After much research and analisys, I have determined that the only way that this will work is if you convert the square headlight to the superior round headlights. :mrgreen:

The body mounts are generally in the same place, although you may have to do a little fabrication to the body mount crossmember above and in front of the fuel tank. IF you have what it takes to do a body swap, I'd think you could overcome any small obstacles encountered with this swap.

south442 said:
After much research and analisys, I have determined that the only way that this will work is if you convert the square headlight to the superior round headlights. :mrgreen:

I think you have this backwards. The square lights where so far advanced than the roundies they decided the world was not ready for them. Except for the few worthy like myself. Hence the return of the roundies.

Who cares what the head lights look like! I wanna see this done!

RE: Will This Fit?

Junkpile said:
Even if it doesn't bolt on, the wheelbase is the same. Where there is a will----there is a way. It shouldn't be too hard to relocate some mounting points if needed.

Very good to know, thanx for the fdback!! BIO :D

Re: RE: Can a YJ body fit atop a 2003-2005 Rubicon body????

SenorCole86 said:
Holy mackerel. Sounds like a good deal. How much is he asking for it?

That's the good part, the guy is a family friend and is very well off financially, so i get the Jeep for $1500 and some help with his new gameroom over spring break, i don't get to go to Lake Havasu in AZ, and see Girls Gone Wild but hey i get a practically new RUBI.. 8) BIO!!

RE: Re: RE: Forum rules and guidelines

I'm not sure if the YJ tub wil go on the TJ frame. The TJ fram has some higher arches in the rear. Anything is possible though. It's definitely got $1500 in parts that you could always throw under the YJ.

Back