HomeMade Bumper

Gig

Well... I'm up and about again. Started work on a custom bumper. Just want to know what you all think of the idea.... Have no actual pics cause I don't have a digi cam, the ones I took are when I first got it, now it is all apart... But here goes:

(Read the description)

Attachments

• bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 3,046
PS - Let's not look at the colors of the edited picture :lol: And the tub isn't even on the Frame right now...soooooo, white won't be its color for much longer... :)

Don't get me wrong, I like white. It's just that it seems everyone around here has a white Jeep... I want to be different :lol: If you know what I mean

Gig

Paint it brown. I get....um...ok maybe I dont get complements on my color but at least no one else has a poop brown CJ!

Instead of rock crusher bumper, you could call it the rock catcher bumper

HARRRRHEEEEEHARRRHARRRR... :lol: You people stop making fun of my crappy drawing skills... Tommorow I don't work so I will be putting more together. I'll be doing it in a friends garage, and he has a digi cam, so I'll take some pics... BTW It is 67" Wide (Stock bumper width) And it will be only be about 8 1/2 " tall, not including bar over winch.

jps4jeep - Instead of rock crusher bumper, you could call it the rock catcher bumper

Actually, I was thinking of calling it, Your Rearend Crusher. 8)

Gig

Looks like some of my CAD drawings :shock: Colors aside, it looks like a good concept (and a good "Rearend Crusher")! :lol:

Post us some pics when you're done!

Actually, I was thinking of calling it, Your Rearend Crusher
Whoa....little to much info...j/k.
I think it'll work out alright. Don't let these haters rain on your parade. They're just jealous of the colors.

RE: YJ front upper shock adapters?

You know if you put all that weight on a stock Jeep, you're asking for the tires to rub the wheelwells offroad.

You may want to wain until you do a suspension lift to mount the bumper ;)

RE: interesting rig of the month

You know, if those are your plans in that picture...you won't ever be dissapointed with the finished product!!!!

j/k!!!

When I bought my Jeep it had a SmittyBuilt bumper on it that looked just like that. I loved it!!!

RE: Re: RE: Re: Detroit or ARB in rear DANA 44?

_(OIIIIO)_Jeeper - Gig...here is a link to some pics from a guy in MO. that builds bumpers...sells them for around $225. Thought you might be able to get some ideas IF you need them.

http://www.midriversjeepthing.com/modul ... _album.php

I thought about getting one of the "Stinger" bumpers from him
:shock: Those are some nice looking bumpers. Well, I can't do anything like that cause I am not THAT good...lol. And I also don't believe in bent pipe for a bumper. May not believe it, but it weakens the metal cause your stretching it out.

TwistedCopper - You know if you put all that weight on a stock Jeep, you're asking for the tires to rub the wheelwells offroad.

You may want to wain until you do a suspension lift to mount the bumper :wink:

That's the plan, going to be doing an SOA. Got all the parts for it. Just waiting for the garage to be free so I have a little more room than I did today. BTW I just happened to have the whole day off, and finished the darn thing. Critisism is welcomed, as this won't be the last one I make. The pictures don't do it justice though, camera sux...I also took them this evening. Still needs to be polised, and painted... and a few wholes patched up, including end caps... :)

RE: Re: FYI. Law in Florida says you can take th

Whoops... didn't work...

Attachments

• pict0007.jpg
    pict0007.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 3,521

RE: What are these switches?

Looks pretty stout!! Nice job! The trees are shakin' in their shoes :lol:

Back