mildew smell coming out of the heater and water seepage

2000wrangler

Re: RE: Got CB installed

i've got this really strong mildew smell coming out of the vents when i turn them on. after a few minutes, it dries up and the smell goes away. the problem is, every time there is a little bit of moisture in the air, the smell is back. i tried spraying a mildew killer in the outside air inlet, but it doesnt make it into the system. i dont want to turn on the heater with the doors open for 10 minutes to get the smell to go away every time i go anywhere. what can i do to get rid of it short of taking the dash out and cleaning all the ducts.

next question. when it rains, the inside of my soft doors get wet right below where the plastic window is attached. what can i put on there to stop that. i dont want a mold and mildew problem there too.

perhaps the mildew smell is coming from inside the heater core box... its just and idea but if you take the box out and open it, maybe there is something to clean up in there.

RE: Wiper Motor replacement on 94 Cherokee Sport

There should be a drain for the AC, it's probably plugged. I'm not familiar with the TJ HVAC so I don't know where the drain would be.

you can buy a kit that will disinfect the evaporator box, we use them all the time on customers cars. Has a foam you spray into the evap box via the drain tube and an aresol disinfectant you spray on the outside air induct cowl..about $30 easy..takes 10 minutes.

- D-

oh yeah if you have seepage check to make sure the drain tube is not clogged or pinched off ect. It will be on the pass side either at the bottom of firewall or just under the body..sticks out about an inch or so. may have been clogged or pushed back up into evap box while wheelin

-D-

can i buy the disinfectant kit at the auto parts store, or do i have to order it. i looked at advance auto, and they didnt have it.

image-missing.png

BG Frigi-Clean®
Part No. 709 ---Odors, bacteria, mold, spores, fungi, road grime, nicotine oils and debris accumulate in your car's air conditioning evaporator. BG Frigi-Clean restores heating/cooling efficiency and freshens interior air. It is a unique cleaning solution designed to quickly and effectively remove foul odors, bacteria, mold, spores, fungi, road grime, nicotine oils and debris that accumulate in your evaporator. BG Frigi-Clean in injected directly into the evaporator case through a patented nozzle. It foams up to completely fill the evaporator core where it also blasts away bug parts, pet hair, nicotine residue and other garbage. BG Frigi-Clean is bio-degradable, non-toxic, non-corrosive.

I will attest to this product working. I actually started a summertime side-job doing this service at peoples homes or offices.
The product is injected into the evaporator box upstream from the fan and the fan forces the cleaning foam through the heater and ac condensor coils and it all comes draining out the drain tube (clean drain tube first), then you can run your a/c on normal(not Max) and hold a can of lysol next to the cowl and let it suck that into the fresh air intake for about 45 seconds, and do that about three times in one week just to be sure and you should be cured.

Good luck.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: RE: Re: DISASTER NEED HELP

Many years ago, my folks had a 1985 Chevy Celebrity. Dad took it camping on the farm, and a pack rat crawled up inside the AC and died (or was chopped to bits by the fan). Talk about AC smelling bad!!! I bought the car from them in '94 and sold it in '99. On a hot day, you could still smell the dead rat, even after that many years! The stealership had the car for two weeks, totally dismantled the AC system and cleaned it, as well as spraying a deodorizer in the system 3 times a day. Never quite got the smell out......

MIX BEER & REDNECK, You get?

you can most likely buy the entire kit somewhere, i will look at work and find the manufacturer. As for the Frigi clean by BG products, yes it works well but it only trats the air ducts not the evaporator box since it is not applied to the evap box itself. If by some chance you are unable to find the entire kit, a can of frigi fresh or Frigi Clean for the vents will work. you can treat the evap box with 50/50 water and bleach, you will have to find a way to get it up the drain tube.
A second thought is where are you located, if near dallas I will just get you a kit and let the fat cat dealership owners eat the cost :)
-D-

i am from pennsylvania. but thanks for the offer. let me know the manufacturer of the kit and i will see it the dealer here can get me a kit. i am going to check out the drain tube tomorrow.

it is not applied to the evap box itself

Yes is is injected directly into the evaporator box.

The product is injected into the evaporator box upstream from the fan and the fan forces the cleaning foam through the heater and ac condensor coils

Wragler, the kit is made by BG Products...

www.bgprod.com

You can locate a local distributor on the web site.

IN fact, if you live in Carbon county it list these guys:

Siegel Dist. Co., Inc.
197 Folk Road
Breinigsville, PA 18031

ours is made by gulf states chemical. since our distributor is Gulf States Toyota, most likely only available to Toyota dealers...hope that helps.

-D-

Back