motor mount lift

currupt4130

VT Hokie
i broke a motor mount bracket on the trail the other day and barely limped it home. but my question is concerning motor mount lifts. since i have to replace the bracket now, im debating on puttingin higher mounts, i know the ones for the 4.0 lift it about 3/8s of an inch but i was also thinking about getting the 1"lift ones from more. whats the advantage of lifting the motor. does it make the rear driveshaft angle better? if so wouldnt it make the front worse? some help in deciding to go with the stock ones or a lifted one is what im looking for so shoot away

You like to play in the rocks....this is right up your alley. I don't see the real advantage to just raising the engine, but it opens the door to also raising the trans and Tcase, and going to a flatter skid plate. Go ahead man, come on over to the dark side :twisted: and install a little BL. Then raise that engine--transmission--Tcase--gas tank--skid plate--exhaust--then throw some bigger tires on it.......You'll love the clearance.

I broke both mounts from the frame in my YJ one time jumping out of a ditch. It wasn't that big of a deal though....the front diff kept the little 2.5l from hitting the ground :roll:

Blown diff seal....HELP!!!!

ive got a 1" BL and have plans to flat skid it, should i just replace it with a stock one for now and then lift it later and flat skid it at the same time? yea i like the rocks... haha its the most fun you can have, lifting tires while pointing skyward is great stuff, especially when you can wastch it getting higher and higher off the ground. ill have pics up soon, i cant host them so could someone do it for me if i email them the pics?

RE: Sunday Night Jeepz Chat?

Most raised motor mounts use either polyurethane or torsion rubber for the bushings. Both transmit a LOT of engine vibration to the frame and to the occupants. Most jeepers I know who have had them have removed them due to the vibes from the engine.

They will improve rear driveline angles, and the front driveline is long enough to handle the increased angle, however slight.

I used this to raise my engine 1", all the clearance with no extra vibes (available at www.goferitoffroad.com ):
motor_mount-3.jpg

Back