Paint

jay79cj7

RE: Pitman arm removal

I am looking for suggestions on what kind and where to get paint for the CJ. Things are moving along with the project, and I am getting close to painting time. Any advice on where to look and what has worked well for you guys would be appreciated.

By the way, I'm going with black. I know its not original, but I think it looks good on a CJ.

RE: #@$%!*&^ red light

If you are painting it yourself and price is not an issue,PPG or Dupont is more user friendly. I painted my jeep last summer with matrix paint and for me it was alot harder to spray lot of color sanding but it was alot cheaper and came pre-mixed ready to spray and has held up just fine. If I had to do it agin I would use PPG. www.autobodysupply.com

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Wont start unless i hit

House of Kolor makes some pretty cool stuff if you're going for a "nice" paint job. They make some pretty spendy stuff, but it is VERY high quality

RE: Re: RE: Help i might be losing my jeep..

I used PPG Omni AU fer me jeep

I was also set on painting my CJ black But ended up with Ford Dark Blue

Dark blue was probably my #1 choice by a hair, but my XJ is that color (like Saurian's), so I thought it would be kinda stupid to have 2 Jeeps that are the same color.

Thanks for the replys guys. I am hoping to get started in the next 2 weeks. I'll let you know how it goes.

Back