will this transmission work ?

jeepguy46176

My transmission went out yesterday in my 97 tj 4.0 auto and i have found a rolled jeep that is either a 98 or 99 with the same setup for $1,000, so i was just wondering if anybody knew if that trans. would swap over to mine. Thanks for any help .

Nate

RE: college

it might, the 97s were kind of a bastardized year (sorry, i didnt have a better way to put it). in 98 they changed a lot of stuff around and did over some things. 97 was the experimental year for the tj, i'd ask a dealership, or better yet find a local club and ask them what they think, theres almost always one guy who knows everything about anything jeep in every club

RE: klunk,klunk,klunk noise in 4-WD

Well i got lucky i just went and looked at it and it is a 97. I am picking it up on friday. The body is trashed ,the only thing good is the passenger side door. It only had 80,000 mi and the whole drive train is in good shape. The interior and seats are all good . So i figure i can sell enough stuff to pay for most of it and still have a good engine, trans, and transfer case. I also think it has the Dana 44 rear end, because the axle tubes looked alot bigger around then my 35.

Nate

RE: Harmonic Balancer trouble

jeepguy46176 said:
I also think it has the Dana 44 rear end, because the axle tubes looked alot bigger around then my 35.

Nate

Bonus!!! (same gear ratio as yours?)

RE: speakers

Hopefully not ,I have 3.07 so i hope it has 3.73 or something so it will have the carrier for 4.56 so i wont have to buy that too.

RE: Hmmm?

Well the transmission did work and after about 2 1/2 weeks the jeep is back on the road finally. No luck with the D44 but i do have an extra D35 now.

Back