WEBER CARB backfire

ebagsayz

RE: Re: RE: Random Poetry...

well just installed weber k551 :lol: everything hooked up right and such, fires up builds up rpms fine until certain speed and up it will start to pop or backfire into carb, two mechanics have said prob just alter timing a lil bit and that will change, you guys think its something to do with timing as well? :roll: oh yeah i got 258 engine if ur wondering on 82cj7

Ya, I would just redo timing and the fuel/air mix and see what happens.

Mine did ther same thing. Ran fine unless I really got into it and then popped/backfired. I had bumped the timing too far to compensate for extra fuel and air. Dropped back to 11 degrees and problem went away. Mine does still run very rich, but EVERYONE that has one has said the same thing.

-D-

RE: This may be a first

:roll: this crazy jeep is still backfiring in he carb..its not doing it when it idles only when i accel or especcially drive it, very hard to get above 35 mph..dont even mention hills...i've played with timing kept moving dist. back and forth while pumping gas on carb and still pops either way and always tinkered with fuel air mixture while doing this as well..on top of this i changed spark plugs they were chopped full of black soot pretty bad..my spark wires should b ok they are somewhat newer...i mean would 250 bucks for new ignition be the key..and what if it still did it i mean thats bit of money for nothin to get me rolling on road again..help me out someone

I think black spark plugs means running rich. Back the idle mix screws out until the idle RPM peaks out, then screw them in until the RPM's just start to drop. This should be the best mix. Then do the timing with that mix set. You might've already done this, but just trying to help. My MC 2150 did the same thing when I first put it in. Once I did this, is stopped.

Back